Wednesday, October 20, 2010

That Josh Boy

That's what I refer to him as at times.  "That Josh Boy".  I guess it gives me some sense of control, even though I don't have any.  Afterall, I can't let him know how I really feel about him.  He's getting ready to marry my daughter!!  I have to make sure his guard is up at all times!  I can't let him know that I don't think Ally could have picked a better guy.  I can't let him know how proud we are that Ally is marrying someone who is living to serve God.  I can't let him know how much it means that he is so involved in Young Life.  I can't let him know how much we have grown to love him.  No way!!  He can't know that!  I'm The Father of the Bride!  I can't let him know that I know Ally couldn't be in better hands.  And I can't be happier for both of them.  Yeah.....that Josh boy.....he's OK with me.  But I can't let him know that.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment