Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Equal time

Hey....I'm the father of the bride.  The one that pays for the wedding.  I deserve some equal time!  I'm THE father of the bride.  No one else can lay claim to that.  I pay for the reception, flowers, wedding dress, shoes, caterer, invitations, announcements......every thing associated with the wedding day.  And you know what?  That's OK......this is one of the happiest times of her life.  And I get to help her with that!  After all, I, along with her Mother, of course, raised her.  It wasn't easy....both of us being career Navy people....but that made it more special. I remember the deployments, the homecomings....Ally getting used to that man that goes by the name of Daddy.  I remember dressing her for day care and school.  I remember trying to french braid her hair by reading an instruction manual.  I remember the Saturday movies while her Mom was deployed.  I remember watching her in her dance recitals.  I remember her singing in chorus in middle school and high school.  I remember her sitting at Fenway Park and becoming a member of The Red Sox Nation.  I remember seeing how beautiful she looked in her prom dresses.  I remember seeing a young girl bloosom into a young lady.  And now she is on the road to being a beautiful woman.  I am proud of her.  I am THE Father of the Bride.  How lucky can I be?      

No comments:

Post a Comment